Making your sales calls better…and make more money
When doing sales call…we all think that we are doing a great job and nailing the sale.
Maybe that’s not the truth. The fact is that most sales calls can be done better. And the best way of getting better at something is to work on it and have a plan for improvement. This recent post by Justin Zappula provides a lot of great information. The part that I really like is the “Phone Call Coroner”. See his list of what to do immediately after you hang up from a phone call:
First on the list of post-call duties is to snap on the mental rubber gloves and swiftly conduct a post mortem. Take a few minutes to write down and answer the following questions immediately after a call (Taken from Justin’s posting.)
1) Be the Phone Call Coroner
First on the list of post-call duties is to snap on the mental rubber gloves and swiftly conduct a post mortem. Take a few minutes to write down and answer the following questions immediately after a call:
- Did I achieve my objective?
- What was successful?
- What was not so successful?
- What information did I gather?
- What evidence do I have that this is still a viable sales opportunity?
- Did I advance the sale to the next stage?
- What will my next move be?
- Who else needs to be involved in the process?
- What do I need to do to bump the sale to the next stage?
- When am I next going to speak with or see the customer?
- What’s my objective for the next meeting?
2) Feel Their Pain Points
3) Perform a Rescue Mission
4) Brain Dump
5) Send a Follow-up Email
I am sure you will enjoy it.